There are practically unlimited ways to add value and functionality to your home with home renovations. Some are designed to alleviate a shortcoming in the original floor plan, but others can be intended more towards making your home more enjoyable. One suggestion that can be varied depending on your particular area of interest is a game room.
A game room tops the charts as one the most requested of all home renovations once you get beyond the usual kitchen and bathroom renovations. What used to be thought of more in terms of a “man cave” has now expanded to be fun for the entire family and a great place to entertain friends, family, and associates. Here are a few ways to personalize your game room to suit your style.
- Full Bar– If you love to entertain, having a full bar allows your guests to make requests and could inspire you to learn mixology to impress them. Be sure to include enough room for a variety of liquors, whiskeys, rums, and other hard liquor, as well as wine.
- Wine Cellar– Speaking of wine, your game room could also connect to a wine cellar where you can store your favorite wines, as well as a few for special occasions.
- Pool Table– Leave plenty of room to maneuver around the pool table and have beautiful and functional lighting overhead. There are many styles of tables to consider.
- Video Games- Whether you enjoy the modern game systems, want to include an old arcade game or pinball machine, or a bit of everything, your game room will be the envy of your gaming friends.
- Think Big! A game room doesn’t have to be small to medium. It can also be a large indoor basketball court, a multi-lane bowling alley, an indoor pool, or whatever you can imagine.
If you would like to consider a game room or another type of home renovation, turn to us at Zar Custom Homes. We can dream big too and bring your ideas for home renovations to life. If you can imagine it, we can build it. Call today to learn more.