When it comes to planning your luxury home, who better to ask about the top must-have items than luxury home builders? They can tell you what has been requested the most and what they sometimes hear afterwards as “I wish I had included…” when they ask for feedback. In the meantime, here are a few reported top must-haves:
- Grand Entrance– Most realtors will tell you that the buying decision is often determined by what potential buyers see in the first 20 seconds. Thus, having an elaborate entryway isn’t just about enjoying the grandeur, but also supporting your resale value.
- Open Floor Plan- A home truly looks more luxurious when it has a wide-open floor plan. It looks larger and better facilitates entertaining.
- Home Automation– You can’t put too much technology into your luxury home, whether for fun or for the environmental benefits.
- Gourmet Kitchen- Kitchens are getting larger and larger with more bells and whistles than ever. Think warming drawers, a wine cellar or fridge, high-end appliances, walk-in pantry, and large islands and you’ll be on the right track.
- Outdoor Living Areas– Pools, outdoor kitchens, outdoor entertaining areas, hot tubs, cabanas, water features, and more to create a veritable oasis are all requests that luxury home builders are happy to incorporate.
- Home Theater– What once was the family room is now taking on an entirely new approach. Dive into your own comfortable seating and home-popped popcorn for a movie night second to none.
- Game Rooms– Let your favorite games come alive, be it video games, billiards, or even an indoor pool, basketball court, or bowling alley.
- Spa-Quality Bathroom– Today’s luxury bathrooms are often as large, if not larger, than the bedrooms they are attached to. They need huge walk-in showers, lavish soaker tubs, and several amenities designed for pampering and destressing.
- Exercise Room– It is too easy to make excuses not to head to the gym, but put one in your home and you’ll be all set no matter what the weather is.
- Master Closet with Amenities– A closet isn’t just a closet anymore. It can have many different features.
As luxury home builders, here at Zar Custom Homes, we are always happy to share our portfolio with you and discuss what fits your family’s idea of opulence, functionality, and style. We take the time in the planning stage so that you won’t reach the end with any concerns that you left something out. However, if that does happen, we’re also custom renovators so we can make adjustments after the fact. Call today to learn more or to get started designing the home of your dreams.